Hasselback potatoes with creamy blue Cantorel gratin
800g new potatoes
40g unsalted butter
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil 200g
Creamy Blue cheese
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Place the potatoes, one at a time, onto a spoon and, starting at one end, cut across their width at 3mm intervals with a really sharp knife – the spoon will stop you from cutting all the way through the potato.
- Put the butter and oil in a roasting tin over a medium heat to melt the butter. Tip in the potatoes, season with salt and pepper. Give the potatoes a good toss so they’re coated and make sure they are all cut side up before placing on the bottom shelf of the oven for 45 mins-1 hr until golden and tender.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven, turn it to grill setting and break pieces of the Creamy Blue cheese over each potato. Place under the grill for about 10 minutes or until the cheese begins to gratinate.
- Remove and serve immediately.