Crunchy Pecan Nut and Maple Syrup Ice Cream
100g pecan nuts chopped
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons maple syrup
350ml JUST MILK
350ml double cream
- In a frying pan, slowly melt the butter then add the chopped pecan nuts.
- Add the sugar, stir and cook on a low heat for approx 5 minutes until the nuts are crisp. Be careful not to burn the pecan nuts otherwise they can become bitter.
- Remove from the pan and put to one side to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, pour in the milk and the cream then add the fried, chopped pecan nuts. Stir vigorously until smooth.
- Stir in the maple syrup until blended.
- Transfer the complete mixture into an ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.